Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Make up you can't live without!

+10
Annalise
Klerr!
Kay
musicaddict
lalalie
wombieheartanimal
T-diddy
thechickenhouse
macadamia
my name is me
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Make up you can't live without! Empty Make up you can't live without! Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:38 pm

I never used to wear make up often but I now have a few items in my collection that I really really love and wear nearly all the time!! I will share and you should too!

Becca Tinted Moisturiser SPF 25 in Olive

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Bronze

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Gold

I love these because they are so sheer but make your skin look healthy and glowing at the same time. It looks natural because you can still see your freckles but it just evens out the whole look of your skin. *Loves* When Im not wearing anything I feel weird now. I don't feel as glowing. *has become dependant Embarassed *

2Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:56 pm

my name is me

my name is me
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I.. don't wear make up. Like, ever.

...sometimes I use lip balm?

http://www.redbubble.com/people/littlemisschloe

3Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:59 pm

I never used to either. It usually feels too horrible. This stuff, totally awesome. You cant even feel it.

You probably don't need to anyway. Your complexion seems pretty clear.

Last edited by DJ Pt Lincoln Parrot on Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ooops)

4Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:01 pm

my name is me

my name is me
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Lolol. Heh, thanks.

It's partly because I don't know how to wear it, and partly because I feel fake wearing it. Not my true self. But that does not mean at ALL that I have ANYTHING against people that wear it. It's just not for me.

This stuff you use sounds pretty good.. is it expensive? For certain skin types?

http://www.redbubble.com/people/littlemisschloe

5Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:04 pm

They have a colour for every skin tone. Its pretty pricey though...

www.beccacosmetics.com

I found it in myer.

6Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:05 pm

macadamia

macadamia
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

- Strawberry Chapstick. Addicted.
- Thin Lizzy's bronzer. Lightweight, gives a great glow to the skin, very even and natural looking - can't tell you're wearing it, except your skin looks fantastic. Brilliant stuff.
- Revlon mascara. Cheap, black, basic and good.
- Mary Kay clear lip gloss. Brilliant clear, wet look, stays on for ages and not one bit sticky.

http://www.natashamaria.com

7Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:14 pm

thechickenhouse

thechickenhouse
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Umm... does hand cream count?

Lush Helping Hands. Its the only one that works for me. We have this dishwashing detergent at work, its some super heavy duty sterilising one, it makes my hands all dry and crack really badly, when I went into Lush and I was looking at the hand cream it was immediately after I finsihed the morning shift because as I was walking to the train I realised that some of the cracked bits had started bleeding, so I was like "Oh shit, need to buy something now"

Works miracles that stuff.

8Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:14 pm

All I wear when going out (if anything):

- Body Shop lip balm in strawberry (non greasy with a nice texture and smells great, I have used Body Shop brand lip balm since I was a kid and always loved it).
- SPF 15 Neutrogena oil-free moisturiser (non greasy, but according to Nick doesn't taste too nice when he kisses me on the cheek/neck). I try and wear this everyday. I have a little tube of hotel lotion I've refilled with the sunblock so I keep it in my bag. I used to use tinted stuff by Ego but when it would dry it would come off in little rolls and look really gross.

I wear Maybelline compact powder in dark beige (I think) when I want to wear powder, but it's not something I use daily.

9Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:15 pm

T-diddy

T-diddy
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

- MAC eyeliner in smoulder. Best buy ever. Its gorgeous, smudges easy and makes my eyes look friggen hot.
-any mascara
-bronzer
- i have some clinique lip gloss which is quite nice too.

Really, if im to go out to the shops for a few hours ive got on bronzer, eyeliner, mascara thats it. Not that much. If its just a few things to do ill at least have mascara on - my eyes dont really need eyeliner, just a bit of definition with my super long eyelashes.

If im going out however, out come the big guns. I hardly wear foundation though, ever. bronzer works cut in with moisturisor if needed.

http://www.myspace.com/rocksteady7

10Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:21 pm

DJ Pt Lincoln Parrot wrote:I never used to either. It usually feels too horrible. This stuff, totally awesome. You cant even feel it.

You probably don't need to anyway. Your complexion seems pretty clear.

Also awesome about Becca....They don't test on animals. So glad to have found something so great that doesn't Smile

11Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:22 pm

macadamia

macadamia
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Taria wrote:- SPF 15 Neutrogena oil-free moisturiser (non greasy, but according to Nick doesn't taste too nice when he kisses me on the cheek/neck)

Haha, tell him he's lucky he doesn't have a girlfriend with eczema. I've heard my hydrocortisone cream tastes like poison.

12Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:45 pm

wombieheartanimal

wombieheartanimal
Admirals
Admirals

I don't really wear makeup much but when I do i just wear:

eyeliner - usually Maybelline
some sort of matte blush stuff - Maybelline
lip balm from the body shop or Maybelline lip gloss

and usually eyeshadow - Maybelline, and sometimes mascara. (Revlon I think cos I do what Tash tells me like a good girl.)

I use Maybelline stuff because it's "New York" and I want to live in New York and I don't know anything about makeup so that seems good enough. Um.

Also it's probably weird that I don't use foundation or bronzer, and I should probably use something on my eyelids before the eyeshadow to make it stay better but I am lazy and really don't care that much. I don't want to take more than five minutes with my makeup and I don't want there to be too much of a difference between it and my "plain face" cos then i'd probably start feeling yuk without it and I don't want that.

Clover " LET'S CALL THE NEW SITE THE H.M.S INDEPENDENT!" Spaghetti, who sits on the fence in the country looking at the cows as it rains, holding a big sign that says "I started the whole damn sea analogy, I came up with the name for this vessel, It's my goddamn party and I'll cry if I want to!"

13Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:57 pm

My make up application takes me about 5 mins. I mix the tinted moistureriser and bronze skin perfector together in my hands and smooth it over my face. Then I might add some of the gold skin perfector to my cheeks and brow and above my lips. Sometimes I might add a slick of Shimmer powder in Athena over my eyelids.

I like the natural look.

14Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Thu May 24, 2012 1:39 pm

macadamia

macadamia
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

GUYS. I just had my hair cut, and afterward they offered a free makeup trial as they've just started stocking a new brand (my hairdressers is also a beauty therapy salon). I said sure, why not, and oh my god, my skin looks AMAZING! Seriously to die for! It's not cheap, but it is amazing. The brand is Young Blood, it's all mineral stuff and my skin ... wow. Just wow. I'm going back on Wednesday to stock up on that shiz, regardless of how broke it leaves me. NEED in my life!

15Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Fri May 25, 2012 1:22 pm

macadamia

macadamia
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Krystal just bought the same Youngblood starter pack I was going to pay $109.00 for at the salon for $61.60 on strawberrynet.com. Better yet, she bought two, and has addressed one to me. SCORE!

16Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Fri May 25, 2012 3:16 pm

lalalie

lalalie
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Oh shit yeah! Maybe I can even afford that Razz

17Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Fri May 25, 2012 6:30 pm

T-diddy

T-diddy
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Youngbloods good, im sure thats the brand i have in my mineral foundation - i wont use anything else because some of the brands that market their foundation as "mineral" also have the nasties in it.

http://www.myspace.com/rocksteady7

18Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:05 pm

macadamia

macadamia
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

This stuff. Really good! And cheap, only about $20 for a tube. I've worn it every day for two weeks and can definitely notice a difference in the brightness of my skin. Looks a lot more even too. I usually apply it as a moisturiser, but it can be used as an alternative to foundation by applying another coat for slightly heavier coverage.

It's really nice, looks natural, feels light and smells lovely.

New fave!

Make up you can't live without! Garnier-miracle-skin-perfector-light

19Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:31 am

musicaddict

musicaddict
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Yes BB Cream is awesome but I prefer the ones I get in Asia just because they match my skin tone more. I've tried the Garnier one it made me a little washed out and didn't moisturise my skin well so I looked flakey, but I might try it again seeing as my skin is much more hydrated now

http://www.myspace.com/13131890

20Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:41 am

Kay

Kay
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Make up you can't live without! Primer

This is Nude-By-Nature undercover airbrush primer. I use it when ever I use tinted-moisturiser, proper liquid foundation and just even powders. It's nice and smooth and it lets my skin breathe and it helps my make-up not go anywhere or smudge or just plain fall off.
Spoiler:

21Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Klerr!

Klerr!
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Tell me more about the free trial! I've seen it on the morning show, but do you have to send it back/pay for what you keep?

I've been using this.

It's good, makes my skin look good, but it's a little too oily and it hurts when I get it in my eye.

http://www.sailor-klerr.blogspot.com

22Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Kay

Kay
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

The one that we did was $10 postage and handling, and then they charge the rest to your account. The rest is I think about $190 or something, which sounds like a lot but you get:

primer
moisturiser
oil
cleanser
toner
make-up remover
scrub
24 hour moisturising thing with anti ageing

you also get

foundation
three or five sets of eye kits
mascara
about five lip-glosses
four or five different shades of mineral blush (decent sized pots)
four or five shades of powder to go over foundation (again pretty big pots)
a kabuki brush
some more eye colours
a liquid eyeliner
a charcoal eye liner
a few little things to put on eye make-up

umm....

There's more but I have forgotten.

Anyway it's a full kit and caboodle and I like it a lot.

Anyway it's great. Then they send you more stuff every month but you can cancel it, and well lets look at the RRP their face washing line alone:

Primer: $30
Oil: $20
Make-up remover: $15
Foaming Cleanser: $20 (and you get a fair bit of this too, it's a big bottle)
Scrub: $18
Toner: $19
Moisturizer: $30
24 hour anti aging super moisturiser thing: $30

So that's $182.

Just for the skincare, and that's if you buy it direct, i've seen it being flogged for muuuuuch more than that before.

So, really, it's not a bad trail and the make-up has lasted us for so many months. I think we're up to six, and I use it most days.

If you don't like it you send it back within 30 days (of sending) but you won't send it back. It's too good.

23Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Klerr!

Klerr!
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

That would be great if I wore makeup more. Cannot justify almost $200 on makeup Sad

24Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:58 pm

Kay

Kay
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

It's not just make-up, but I understand.

25Make up you can't live without! Empty Re: Make up you can't live without! Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:11 pm

Klerr!

Klerr!
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Yeah I know, but the only real product I use on my face is sorbolene. I might have a better look in priceline and just get if from there because I'd only use tinted moisturiser.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum