Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Skinny Jeans Discussion

+16
Subie
FeverChill
harlequin
alexandra.
admin
macadamia
MissSussinator
T-diddy
thechickenhouse
my name is me
wednesday
Klerr!
Annalise
musicaddict
lilly-nobody
wombieheartanimal
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Skinny Jeans Discussion Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:20 pm

wombieheartanimal

wombieheartanimal
Admirals
Admirals

...I still have not got my head around why food and fashion are lumped together. But okay.

So, skinny jeans. Thoughts? Can anyone wear them? Personally I think I look dreadful in them. I am pretty sure I just look dreadful in them and it's not a self esteem thing, but I don't know. People "bigger" than me look lovely in them, people with odder shaped lower bodies look fine in them. So...err....discuss.

Clover " LET'S CALL THE NEW SITE THE H.M.S INDEPENDENT!" Spaghetti, who sits on the fence in the country looking at the cows as it rains, holding a big sign that says "I started the whole damn sea analogy, I came up with the name for this vessel, It's my goddamn party and I'll cry if I want to!"

2Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:38 pm

lilly-nobody

lilly-nobody
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I love skinny jeans! I wear them lots, I think I look ok in them.

http://www.myspace.com/yesterdays_girl

3Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:50 pm

I can't wear jeans that are not skinny jeans anymore. I think WHAT IS THIS?! WHAT IS THIS FLAPPING AROUND MY FEET AM I BEING ATTACKED?!?!?!?!!! OH IT IS JUST MY JEANS!!!

SORRY I AM A BIT EXCITED ABOUT ELEPHANTS AND WANT AN ELEPHANT OH FASHION RELEVANT---------->

Spoiler:

4Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:16 pm

musicaddict

musicaddict
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Lol Kez, poor kid though, imagine the 21st birthday

As for skinny jeans I used to not get why they are so great but back then I liked slight baggy jeans. I just like how they are tight and you don't get flappy end bits and your feet get lost in especially if you wear jeans out and skinnys just go well with my heels. Except for the fact I'm short and the length is never right. But I think everyone can pull them off

http://www.myspace.com/13131890

5Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:24 pm

I like skinny jeans very much.

I hope I look good in them.

I like them better than nasty flares. They piss me off.

6Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:50 pm

Annalise

Annalise
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I wear them but not all the time, I don't think they are particularly flattering on me but I don't care enough to...uhh... care?

7Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:53 pm

Klerr!

Klerr!
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

They are the only pants I wear now other than work pants.
And I remember back in the day I swore to myself I would never wear them. Oh how wrong I was.

http://www.sailor-klerr.blogspot.com

8Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:56 pm

wednesday

wednesday
Admiral
Admiral

I'm the same as Klerr, I used to think I'd never wear them but Nath bought me a pair the other day and they actually look pretty good and are sooo damn comfortable, I'll definately be buying more pairs.

9Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:59 pm

my name is me

my name is me
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I loveth skinny jeans! I have a black pair and a red pair and a navy pair and I also have an electric blue pair except they are 3 quarter and I hate 3 quarter pants so I fold them up to be just-past-the-knee pants and I love them that way.

I find them quite comfortable except for when I sit cross legged. Then they hurt.

And I hope I look good in them ay.. I think I do. I hope I do.. hahaha.

I have one pair of jeans that aren't skinnies that I still find comfortable.. they aren't very flare-y. Just straight or boot cut or something like that. They're comfy also.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/littlemisschloe

10Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:46 pm

thechickenhouse

thechickenhouse
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I prefer wide-leg jeans. But then I prefer baggyer bottoms anyway. Tight top, baggy bottoms. Thats what I do.

Skinnies I have a problem with, I own one pair of black ones but theyre not properly tapered, so theyre more like straight legs, plus my hips are huge in comparison with the rest of my body and im yet to find a pair of skinnies that arent low-rise or high-cut, I want normal ones, but apparently they dont exist in the budget price range. The ones I own I have to wear a long, tight top over otherwise its bumcrack galore, not even when im sitting, when im walking all you see is bumcrack because my hips dont fit in there.

11Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:10 pm

T-diddy

T-diddy
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

My fave skinny jeans:
http://www.ae.com/web/denimShop/w_fit.jsp?catId=cat90036
Straight77 in soft wash.

I like skinny legs and then i like SKINNNNNYYYYY jeans. They make me look skinny i think - OH sydney meet up people you guys saw my amazing jeans that fit me! Those ones are my fave too.
Im thinking about ordering some jeans online but from AE. yeahhhh man.

http://www.myspace.com/rocksteady7

12Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:18 pm

MissSussinator

MissSussinator
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I basically wear whatever jeans are long enough for me Sad

I love my skinny jeans for going out, but for comfort and every day usage, flares all the way.

13Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:09 am

macadamia

macadamia
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I love skinny jeans, but my favourites are the ones that are kind of firm around the ass then a little loose through the legs - the ones that are super-sucky-tight make me shudder. Way too skinny. But I love the shape of them, love the fact they look good with absolutely anything; love the fact you can wear them with boots or sneakers or jandals or anything and they don't drag in puddles, look stupid or get frayed. Awes.

I have one pair at the moment, dark denim; they were $35 from Jay Jays so clearly not the best quality but they do the trick. I'm waiting until I lose a bit more weight before I shell out for a decent pair. Jeans are one item I don't have a problem spending lots on because the more you spend, the better they look (for me, anyway - remembering I have funny-shaped legs and finding nice jeans is a nightmare) and the longer they last.

But yeah, long story short, I like skinnies Very Happy And despite having funny-shaped legs, they actually suit me? Never ever thought they would but the first pair I put on, I was like, "Woah!" I actually led the skinny revolution at my high school - no one had them before me Cool

http://www.natashamaria.com

14Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:59 am

admin

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Wooooaaahh Tash started a trend! Tash is trendy!

To skinnies.
I have a pair. They were $60 from JayJays and they are the brand ... uh... can't remember but it's like B grade designer lol. They are alright, a bit tight though. I find that when I wear em I can only tollerate them for about 5 hours and I have to take them off. But when i'm in the mood I use them over and over and wear them for like a week. Then, i'll hate them again and not wear them for weeks. I'm in the middle of not wearing them stage.

I agree with Tash that they're good because they don't fray at the bottom and you can wear them with anything. Jeans make for a sexy bum I must add. I have big thighs, and the pair I have accomodate for that, but with Kira I like baggy pants. My first love are with a pair of wide legged jeans I got when I was with Luke. They were badass big but tight at the top, and I loved them with all my heart - but I was a size 6 then so everything looked good.

But, I too resented skinnies at first and swore my legs would never be squooshed into a pair. And then I bought some and now it's like this Rolling Eyes

15Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:51 am

friggin skinny jeans, I look ok in them but the fall down all the time I like flares I like the way they make me feel, I dunno I look at pictures of my grandma in the late 60's with her flares on and I feel like her.
Boys can look quite good in them, except for the large ones they just look like a potato on a peg.big girls shouldnt wear them some girl on australian Idol was wearing them and she looked so bad

16Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:44 am

wombieheartanimal

wombieheartanimal
Admirals
Admirals

....I'm the only person on the forum that looks shit in these?

*goes to cry*

Clover " LET'S CALL THE NEW SITE THE H.M.S INDEPENDENT!" Spaghetti, who sits on the fence in the country looking at the cows as it rains, holding a big sign that says "I started the whole damn sea analogy, I came up with the name for this vessel, It's my goddamn party and I'll cry if I want to!"

17Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:49 pm

macadamia

macadamia
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Yes.

http://www.natashamaria.com

18Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:42 pm

Annalise

Annalise
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Sian can we see a photo of you in skinny jeans? I feel like there is no evidence of the shitness.

19Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:45 pm

wombieheartanimal

wombieheartanimal
Admirals
Admirals

Well...I will try and take one in a change room which is illegal but I would break the law for you any day, Anna!

I obviously do not own a pair, because, well...the aforementioned shitness.

20Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:07 pm

alexandra.

alexandra.
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I wear them and they look disgusting on me but I don't care, because well I don't really like any other types of pants.
I have huge fatty hips, and always have out-to-the-side muffin tops, because I am disgusting like that.
But I also have really short legs, and they generally make my legs look longer.
Moral of story: I need to lose weight.

http://www.myspace.com/xalex_raymondx

21Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:11 pm

harlequin

harlequin
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Excuse me Alex you big (non-fat) liar, but I have SEEN these hips you speak of and you are a big fibber. YOU ARE HOT OK AND NOT DISGUSTING *winks*

22Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:32 pm

They say peeps with hips (a pear shaped body) shouldnt wear them, as they accentuate your hips and make them look bigger. Best cut for peeps with hips is boot cut. I am slightly pear shaped and I have skinny leg jeans I think they are called stove pipes or something, peeps think they look good on me so I dont know.

23Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:51 pm

Klerr!

Klerr!
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I have huge hips and I think I look fineeee in them.

http://www.sailor-klerr.blogspot.com

24Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:52 pm

Yeah I guess it just personal preference isnt it? If you feel comfortable in it doesnt matter what other peeps think.

25Skinny Jeans Discussion Empty Re: Skinny Jeans Discussion Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:13 pm

FeverChill

FeverChill
Admirals
Admirals

I wear them but I have to wear long tops over them because of my massive birthing hips. Those not-quite-long-enough-to-be-a-dress-but-longer-than-a-normal-top tops? Those. Otherwise I look like I'm smuggling toddlers in my pants. I really like how they look from mid-thigh down, though, so I worked out a way I could wear them. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum