Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tegan and Ness' beauty counter

+23
Epla
FeverChill
kaihlajade.
musicaddict
Nereid
my name is me
Subie
kellyyy.
lilly-nobody
macadamia
harlequin
alexandra.
Lexington
Jen
wombieheartanimal
Spongebob_rox
MissSussinator
lalalie
audrey_in_london
admin
purplehaze
wednesday
T-diddy
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 40]

901Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:56 pm

kaihlajade.

kaihlajade.
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Yes! Pretty sure most of the guys who claim that they 'prefer girls without makeup' would be horrified they actually saw me without makeup. Hahah.

http://www.myspace.com/kaihla_jade

902Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:37 pm

Spongebob_rox

Spongebob_rox
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Haha silly boys Razz

That said, last night we were texting and being silly and he asked when he gets to see a "Lorna Jane selfie," so I put on a crop and top and took a selfie, make up free. Admittedly I strategically covered the pimples on my chin with my hand, but surely the could still notice the difference, especially withthe lack of mascara and the drak circles under my eyes?

http://www.myspace.com/eagles4premiers

903Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:57 pm

Klerr!

Klerr!
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

This came out today and I can't wait for it to arrive!!

http://www.sailor-klerr.blogspot.com

904Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:38 am

Subie

Subie
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

YAS! You will rock that smokey look so well!

905Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Mon May 30, 2016 8:12 pm

Subie

Subie
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I need a new heavy duty concealer as the container of my IT Cosmetics one broke, and honestly always leaked. I really liked the concealer itself but the packaging was crap. I have Benefit Boooing for lighter coverage, but the IT one was great for days I hadn't slept and had a yellow undertone so did better with blemishes/pimples. So now I'm tossing up between Nars, Stila, or just sucking it up and buying another IT. To Mecca!

906Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Tue May 31, 2016 2:47 am

lalalie

lalalie
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I have a NARS one (creamy concealer I think?) on the recommendation of some friends and I really like it. Apparently they tried to upsell Laura when she went to Mecca to replace hers because it's meant to only be for under eye and not general concealer (or vice versa? obviously makeup is not my forte) and she was like ma'am I know what I'm about if you have something that is equal coverage but blends just as well then bring it to me and the lady was like "ok you got me this is the best for everything"

907Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Tue May 31, 2016 11:29 am

Subie

Subie
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Yes, I've used the Nars before and it's great, but then I bought the IT one instead because, I think it seemed to have better coverage, but I'm not sure of that anymore. The IT one is also only meant to be for under eyes but it works everywhere.

908Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:00 pm

Subie

Subie
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Went to buy concealer. Bought Nars concealer, Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara and mascara remover because I lack self-control. The mascara is so nice though, very buildable and still feels nice and soft.

909Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:06 pm

Klerr!

Klerr!
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I hear good things about that mascara!

http://www.sailor-klerr.blogspot.com

910Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:17 am

macadamia

macadamia
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I've heard good things about it too. I'm using Eye of Horus mascara at the mo and it is divine.

http://www.natashamaria.com

911Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:10 am

Subie

Subie
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I'm actually really impressed by the mascara remover. It's also by Too Faced and it's an oil-based remover that comes with a mascara wang. You just put it on over the mascara, wait 60 seconds and wash it off with warm water. I honestly didn't have to rub at all!

912Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:50 pm

Annalise

Annalise
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Wang strikes again.

That's a great idea for a mascara remover. I usually just have a hot shower then wipe off the black streaks from my face.

913Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:57 pm

Subie

Subie
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Hahaha damn it wang!

914Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:38 pm

harlequin

harlequin
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Ok I have a question about sunscreen. Probably at the start of this year I started wearing 50+ sunscreen every day under my tinted moisturiser (which I think is also SPF 30+ so I should legit never get burned). The one I'm using is just a cheapo one I saw on sale at Priceline one day, SunSense Daily Face, I think it was like $10. It's fine but it's nearly run out and I was wondering if anyone has recommendations. I put it on every day so I would be happy to spend a bit more on one that was awesome. Looking for one that works (obviously) but also won't make my face shiny if I put it on and don't need to cover the shininess with tinted moisturiser/powder on days I don't wear makeup.

915Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:38 am

macadamia

macadamia
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I didn't wear a single smidge of makeup over my entire Christmas break, and didn't miss it one bit. Plus my skin improved heaps - I've been drinking loads of water, taking evening primrose oil morning and night, making sure to cleanse, tone and moisturise each day, and it's had such a good effect it's almost absurd. Then I got up for my first day back at work yesterday morning, trudged to the bathroom and as I grabbed my makeup bag out of the cupboard, thinking "God, I can't be bothered with this," I suddenly stopped mid-groan and thought - actually - why DO I bother with this? Makeup is fun occasionally, but I hate wearing it every day. Putting it on feels like a chore, it sits uncomfortably, I hate accidentally rubbing it throughout the day, and it makes my skin rubbish. Seeing how much clearer and glowier I am after two weeks makeup-free proves that. So actually, why bother?

Zees ees my second day makeup-free at work, so far no one's said anything although I have clocked a couple looks from Tara and I'm sure she'll comment soon. She wears a full face every day, along with gorgeous designer clothes, killer heels, four-figure handbag, the whole shebang - and she definitely does not hold back on commenting about stuff like this. I let that intimidate me far too much last year. Truthfully, I do not give two shits whether she thinks I ought to cake my face or not. She can do so if she chooses - she's someone who takes genuine pleasure in makeup, loves playing with pretty shiny things and gets a real kick out of it. That's cool. But I'm not.

My skin already loves me for it, and my wallet will definitely love me for it!

916Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:22 pm

musicaddict

musicaddict
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Welcome to the no make up club. I only wear make up to work if I'm going out straight after to drink to cover my azn redness or getting passport photos done. I see women on the train and at work who have perfect hair and make up everyday and in some ways kind of in awe of them, not because I want to look like that but to be committed to putting that much effort into their appearance daily. I'm a slob and low key and do turn up to work in crumpled clothing because I am that much of a lazy shit in terms of putting myself together for work

http://www.myspace.com/13131890

917Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:23 am

lalalie

lalalie
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Me too, I straight up roll out of bed 15 minutes before I have to be out the door. Occasionally I'll put makeup on while I'm on the tube but only if it's in my bag and I get a seat, which is basically never. When everyone from work came to my burlesque show they were like WHAT THE FUCK YOU SCRUB UP SO GOOD

918Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:32 am

macadamia

macadamia
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

It's so much better though, right? I had a good dig through my bathroom cabinets last night and there's so much I don't use, and have never really used, that I can totally get rid of. It's like a lightbulb has just gone "TINNNG!" in my head. Why do I have this shit? Zero need. Especially since I developed this perfume intolerance (which is awesome, by the way). Plus I'm way more conscious of what I ingest since Mum had bowel cancer - makes sense I should apply the same "natural is best" philosophy to makeup and skincare. I'll invest in a good BB cream or tinted moisturiser, I think, but I can't be bothered with foundation, powder and the whole shebang anymore. I'll just try to keep living healthily and maintain good skin.

919Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:43 am

lalalie

lalalie
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

yesss I can't do perfume either! And I also just purged a bunch of makeup, it was so cathartic.

920Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:03 am

T-diddy

T-diddy
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Guys i've never really been into foundation but I tell you now, because I have never been into it I have never needed to wear it either? I've always preached to people about how crap it is and what a self-sabotaging circle it creates with your skin.

I love the Garnier BB cream and Ive hardly worn it in the past year or 2, but I am sure there is a better more natural version out there!

And - How bloody good is it to just purge all this shit make up you own? I just collect shit and then keep it even though blue eyeliner doesn't really have much use. My new motto is high-end and cult or GTFO of my drawer. (I had to do cult because my eyebrow powder is insane and its only $5 from essence so...)

http://www.myspace.com/rocksteady7

921Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:20 am

macadamia

macadamia
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I used Garnier when I first got into BB cream and really liked it! It's a good cheap option if animal testing isn't a concern. I only stopped using it because of that, but it is lovely, and convenient. I don't know if it's the same in Australia but you can buy it in supermarkets here.

922Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:39 am

Annalise

Annalise
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I’m feeling the same way about make up! I’ve always worn it but I got out of control last year when I was working on Revlon because I got all this free product and wanted to make a good impression.

Late last year my skin was terrible (Flakey and dry around the lower half but pimples on my forehead), I think it was a combination of stress and getting used to the Mirena. I stopped wearing so much face make up then and it helped it to settle down. Now I only wear a bit of this bronzer crème that I mix with my moisturizer so I don’t look so pale and eye make up.

It’s been pretty easy to give up foundation, powder etc but I don’t think I could give up Eyebrows, Mascara and Eyeliner. I’m also partial to a little highlight.

923Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:36 am

T-diddy

T-diddy
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Yeah can't live without mascara. I wanted to get my brows microbladed just so its less sparse in points, but I probably won't. I'm looking at dying my brows at home for one less thing to do in the AM.
Normal face is -
Eyeliner (cat eye)
Mascara
Light contour (I kinda use it as a blush/bronzer though) w/ highlight if i can be bothered (outside of school ALWAYS highlight!)
Brows

But half the time I'm like meh brows don't need to be done or ill just highlight and not bother with anything else for a bit of difference. I'm pretty tan atm so I feel like I embrace no make up more when im brown.

http://www.myspace.com/rocksteady7

924Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:19 am

lalalie

lalalie
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Ooh I am also considering doing an at home eyebrow tint! I will keep you posted if I actually get around to it!

925Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 37 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:11 am

macadamia

macadamia
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

T-diddy wrote:I'm pretty tan atm so I feel like I embrace no make up more when im brown.

SAME. Summer is so good for my complexion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum