Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tegan and Ness' beauty counter

+23
Epla
FeverChill
kaihlajade.
musicaddict
Nereid
my name is me
Subie
kellyyy.
lilly-nobody
macadamia
harlequin
alexandra.
Lexington
Jen
wombieheartanimal
Spongebob_rox
MissSussinator
lalalie
audrey_in_london
admin
purplehaze
wednesday
T-diddy
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 40]

926Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:06 am

musicaddict

musicaddict
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

lalalie wrote:Me too, I straight up roll out of bed 15 minutes before I have to be out the door. Occasionally I'll put makeup on while I'm on the tube but only if it's in my bag and I get a seat, which is basically never. When everyone from work came to my burlesque show they were like WHAT THE FUCK YOU SCRUB UP SO GOOD

Everyone did the same to me at my Christmas party, plus I wore contacts. One of the guys in my team nicknamed me Clark Kent because we both take off our glasses and transform into a new person.

http://www.myspace.com/13131890

927Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:23 am

wombieheartanimal

wombieheartanimal
Admirals
Admirals

I need to get some contacts I think, only because the sides of my face near my eyes now have these weird brown marks where my glasses go?

Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 15966565_10154285122728786_478437331_o

But also I don't really like the idea of putting contacts in my eye and am lazy so it'll probably never happen.

I have had a full face of makeup on me exactly once, in 2005, so can't otherwise contribute to this discussion Razz Other than to say, yep, it's great, and you only feel like you need it if you wear it all the time, which is why I have never bothered. I like liking my face as is! I remember every time I slept over at my friend Zoe's house, how different she would look in the morning without makeup, like she looked so tired and pale and haggard. In reality she looked beautiful but since she never left the house without makeup, I was so used to seeing her that way that seeing her without it was a shock to the system, and just cemented my decision to NEVER wear makeup on a regular daily basis where I felt like I needed it and it felt more like "me" than my own damn face. Special occasions or just when I feel like it, sure, and I'm thinking of trying to learn how to do some makeup stuff (I literally only own mascara and eyeliner), so we'll see how that goes, if it ever does. If you wear makeup all the time people will DEFINITELY notice when you don't, and you'll probably be a bit self-conscious/sensitive about it too because the old way was what you saw in the mirror every day, but it's just a case of them (and you!) getting used to the new status quo.

Clover " LET'S CALL THE NEW SITE THE H.M.S INDEPENDENT!" Spaghetti, who sits on the fence in the country looking at the cows as it rains, holding a big sign that says "I started the whole damn sea analogy, I came up with the name for this vessel, It's my goddamn party and I'll cry if I want to!"

928Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:31 am

wombieheartanimal

wombieheartanimal
Admirals
Admirals

Completely off-topic, but all this just reminded me of when I got my hair cut in October, and I sent Mum a photo and she was like, "Nice! Also great lipstick!" I...was not wearing lipstick. What makes this hilarious is that when Gareth and I were young, she got asked A LOT if she put lipstick on us? Like...no? We had super beautiful pinky red red lips as children and they were quite red but also that's just a thing some children have I guess. Luca's got the same red lips. Anyway Mum was always like, "Who are these idiots thinking I'm putting lipstick on my children?", cut to 20 years later when she, my mother, who knows and is half responsible for my face, thinks I am wearing lipstick when I am not.

Clover " LET'S CALL THE NEW SITE THE H.M.S INDEPENDENT!" Spaghetti, who sits on the fence in the country looking at the cows as it rains, holding a big sign that says "I started the whole damn sea analogy, I came up with the name for this vessel, It's my goddamn party and I'll cry if I want to!"

929Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:14 pm

wombieheartanimal

wombieheartanimal
Admirals
Admirals

930Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:25 pm

T-diddy

T-diddy
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I bought these the other day for Aus $70, which is the same price at Sephora for one...

I like my highlight as blindingly obvious as the sun.
Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Becca-prismatic-amethyst-shimmering-skin-perfector-pressed-review-3-650x434

This will be a bit more of a bronzer on me, i think...
Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 6_2_0_5_2646411

AND I just bought NARS blush in Orgasm for $6.50! Six bloody fifty! Legit seller too. YAY.

http://www.myspace.com/rocksteady7

931Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:25 am

macadamia

macadamia
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

That highlight looks lovely! I've been using The Balm Mary Lou Manizer and really loving it.

http://www.natashamaria.com

932Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:21 pm

T-diddy

T-diddy
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Prismatic amethyst is THE BEST. ughhh so nice!

http://www.myspace.com/rocksteady7

933Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Annalise

Annalise
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Has anyone had eyelash extensions/inserts? I am considering getting these done for when I go on holiday so I won’t have to wear make-up while in hot/humid Asia. At Lady Lash in newtown it’s like $105 for the “lite” versions. Does it hurt?

934Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:24 am

macadamia

macadamia
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Not at all! You literally don't feel a thing. It can be a long process though, which is actually what made me quit. I had extensions twice and couldn't face continuing because I had to lie still for such a bloody long time and I was like no, no, I can't do it. You're so conscious of your face twitching because it's such delicate work. But really worth it for a one-off occasion or holiday!

http://www.natashamaria.com

935Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:52 am

Annalise

Annalise
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Ah thank you! 90 minutes is a long time, I hope they don't mind if I put a podcast in! I might try it out for my birthday and then do it again before the holiday.

936Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:39 am

Klerr!

Klerr!
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I hadn’t bought makeup in such a long time and now I’m buying everything! I recently got 3 Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks, 2 skin frosts and a palette, and I’ve just bought Kylie Jenner’s new eyeshadow palette and one of her highlighters because purple.

http://www.sailor-klerr.blogspot.com

937Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:06 am

Klerr!

Klerr!
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

All I want in my life right now is the too faced clover palette and the too faced melted matte gingerbread lipstick. Both aren’t for sale in Australia. The too faced website cancelled my order cause I used an Australian credit card (was going to use a parcel forwarded), got my friend with an American credit card to order and it got cancelled due to ‘technical difficulties’ or something. So now I’m asking my work supervisor who’s in America now to go to a couple of Sephora’s and have a look, and I’ve googled to see which ones around where she’s staying have them in stock. Fingers crossed.

938Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 pm

lalalie

lalalie
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Klerr! wrote:All I want in my life right now is the too faced clover palette and the too faced melted matte gingerbread lipstick. Both aren’t for sale in Australia. The too faced website cancelled my order cause I used an Australian credit card (was going to use a parcel forwarded), got my friend with an American credit card to order and it got cancelled due to ‘technical difficulties’ or something. So now I’m asking my work supervisor who’s in America now to go to a couple of Sephora’s and have a look, and I’ve googled to see which ones around where she’s staying have them in stock. Fingers crossed.

If they have them here I can buy for you? I'll be home end of Jan/early Feb if you want to save on international shipping and just have it sent to me in the UK.

939Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:59 am

Klerr!

Klerr!
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

You’re a gem 😘 I’ll deffs wait and see if my boss can get them first, otherwise my friend who also wants the gingerbread lipsticks has a friend who lives in London who she’s going to ask to check the store.
I’ll let you know though Smile

940Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:23 am

Klerr!

Klerr!
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

She went into 5 Sephora’s and they’d all sold out! Crazy!

941Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:48 pm

lalalie

lalalie
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Christ!

942Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:24 am

Spongebob_rox

Spongebob_rox
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Damn I just did an order from the Too Faced website the other night, if I'd seen this I would have ordered your stuff too!

Not sure if it'll work though... It wouldn't accept my Australian credit card so I checked out using Paypal - kind of expecting them to cancel the order...

http://www.myspace.com/eagles4premiers

943Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:00 am

Klerr!

Klerr!
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

The gingerbread lippies are sold out now anyway.

I just don’t think it’s meant to be

944Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Spongebob_rox

Spongebob_rox
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Boo my Too Faced order got cancelled Sad

I hope I can find this lipstick next year when I go overseas!

945Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:51 pm

Klerr!

Klerr!
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Which lipstick?

946Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:55 pm

Spongebob_rox

Spongebob_rox
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

La Creme lipstick. It's not on the Mecca website anymore and I haven't been able to find it in store. I really want theNude Beach shade, it's my perfect nude colour!

947Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:15 pm

wombieheartanimal

wombieheartanimal
Admirals
Admirals

I'm really excited to start getting proper pay checks and buy some Glossier stuff! I've been wanting to try it for ages. Annoyingly they don't ship here but you can just do the Aus Post thing I assume (I know friends who order Glossier stuff.) It just feels like most of their stuff is the perfect answer to my "I don't really care about most makeup and have no interest in spending more than 5 minutes doing it or in looking too different, and no interest in using more than 5 products ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM ever" but also "I'm kind of interested in starting to do something and learning more about how to do some super basic things" conundrum.

948Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:59 pm

wombieheartanimal

wombieheartanimal
Admirals
Admirals

I have decided that I'm going to make a new tradition of painting my nails the pantone colour for next year every year for New Year's. Smile

The only trouble is I really love the Melbourne vegan brand Kester Black, and their shades are a bit more limited than, say, OPI. But I'm going for a "the thought that counts approach" and I don't care if it's not an exact match.

949Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Subie

Subie
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

Nice! I just took off my Christmas-y nail polish as yesterday was the last Christmas Party thing I had planned for this year, then in a few days before I go to my niece's unicorn-themed birthday party I'll paint them something rainbow-y.

I don't get to wear nail polish at work so it's honestly such a treat to paint them.

950Tegan and Ness' beauty counter - Page 38 Empty Re: Tegan and Ness' beauty counter Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:25 pm

Klerr!

Klerr!
Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch

I have SO MANY coral nail polishes haha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum